Engineered Wood Flooring in Peoria, Gilbert, Phoenix & Scottsdale, AZ
Arizona Hardwood Floor Supply carries an extensive array of top brand-name products that offer styles from rugged to elegant. Our engineered wood flooring is no exception, and with proper installation by our team it will perform amazingly well, even in our harsh climate.
- Better stability than solid hardwood flooring I.E. Less expanding and contracting
- Same resale value as 3/4" solid wood flooring
- Engineered flooring can be glued down directly over dry concrete slabs above or below grade
Did you know?
An environmental advantage to engineered wood flooring is that it helps conserve our forests. For every 1 square foot of 3/4" thick solid wood flooring manufactured you can generally produce four times that amount into engineered flooring.
Engineered wood flooring is made by applying a veneer of natural wood to a substrate of plywood flooring. It is manufactured in a couple of different ways.
- The top surface of the wood is sawed from the log like solid wood flooring is
- Using a rotary cut,sliced cut or dry solid sawn cut veneer hardwood layer is peeled off of the log
Like many products the floor boards comes in a variety of price points as well they are manufactured using different quality standards. For example, less expensive flooring which is usually 3/8” thick commonly has a paper thin wear layer. With such a thin layer it cannot be sanded or refinished.
On the other end of the spectrum, there are very high end manufactured floors available that have a thick real wood wear layer. The benefits are long term wear and they can be refinished and sanded if necessary. Case in point 5/32” engineered wood flooring can normally be sanded and refinished 4-5 over the lifetime of the flooring. It has an average lifespan of 60-80 years.
What should you choose?
Before choosing your engineered hardwood flooring, you will want to make sure to take into consideration the area that it will be installed in.
- For areas that will be maintained properly and not receive a great deal of traffic, a thick wear layer may not be necessary
- Heavily trafficked areas that will receive little or no care or maintenance may require a thicker wear layer. A thicker wear layer can be sanded and refinished if needed.
Contact the experts
At Arizona Hardwood Floor Supply we have over 30 years in custom wood flooring and installation. Our experienced estimators will work personally with you to make expert recommendations based on your specifications.
Our team of refinishing professionals always deliver premier service to our customers. We use only in-house installers instead of subcontracted laborers, which allows us to maintain our strict quality control standards and ensure that every job is done right.
Contact Arizona Hardwood Supply, Inc.
today at (623) 742-9663 (WOOD) or stop by our Peoria
or locations to learn more about our engineered wood flooring installation and services.
Back to Top