Wood Flooring News
5 Tips to keep your hardwood flooring beautiful during monsoon season!
Hardwood floors add a natural character and natural beauty to your home. Wood enhances the feel and ties together the accessories in your home. However, because it's a natural product wood floors can be sensitive to changes in the weather and our monsoons in Arizona can wreak havoc on your floors if it's not cared for correctly. Bottom line wood and water do not mix!
Most people are familiar with wooden doors swelling during moist seasons and being difficult to open. The same thing happens to hardwood floors: not only could the wood floor swell but water could also stain the hardwood floor and cause visual damage. If you would like your hardwood floors to remain shiny and new looking there are a few things you can do during monsoon season to help extend the life of your hardwood floors. just follow this simple checklist below.
- Check and rectify water leakage
Nothing causes more damage to hardwood floors than water. Hire an expert to check your roof for leaks. Check to make sure your gutters are not clogged and drain correctly. Make sure to check around exterior door jambs to ensure no moisture gets through these areas.
Have plumbing in bathrooms or kitchens checked by a certified and licensed plumber to make sure there are no leaks. Make sure appliances are in good working order.
- Keep Rain Debris Out
Like I stated before Wood and Water do not mix so make sure family members and friends take off wet rain gear, shoes and clothes before tracking moisture across your hardwood floor. If you have wooden floors in your entry, provide a super absorbent mat or towel so people can wipe their feet. A coat rack by the door may not be a bad idea for people to hang raincoats and other wet gear.
- If you do have a leak or have someone or something track moisture across your hardwood floor, make sure to wipe it up in a timely fashion! If someone tracks mud use a damp cloth, not a wet cloth to wipe up the debris.
If you are looking for a good product to clean urethane finished hardwood flooring, we recommend Crystal Clean Hardwood Floor Cleaner available in ready to use and concentrate applications.
- Ensure proper ventilation
Because it's summertime, that means keeping your air conditioner running in Arizona! The air conditioning naturally pulls moisture out of the air ensuring your relative humidity will not exceed proper ranges. Do not let your house sit with systems off while you go on vacation. Keeping the home at a consistent temperature between 60 to 80 degrees is best. Consistency is the key!
- Refresh your finish to ensure your hardwood floors are properly protected. The finish on your hardwood floor wears down over time. Especially in high traffic areas and entry points to your home.
A fresh coat every few years can help protect your floor for a lifetime!
Request a free consultation here or call to speak to a flooring professional! 623-742-9663
This just in, benefits of Installing Hardwood Flooring in your home are amazing!
For over 30 years Arizona Hardwood Floor Supply has been serving Phoenix, AZ, and surrounding communities.
With a wide selection of hardwood flooring to choose from including reclaimed wood flooring, engineered hardwood flooring as well as hand-scraped flooring for both residential and commercial clients we feel pretty confident in saying we know a thing or two about hardwood flooring.
In addition to enhancing your home, there are several other benefits to choosing hardwood flooring.
Hardwood Flooring Benefits
- Hardwood floors get dirty but do not absorb liquids as carpet and carpet padding does.
- Wood Floors Increase Your Home Value and 99% of Realtors say a home with hardwood floors is easier to sell and 90% of them sell for more money.
- The right hardwood flooring can literally last a lifetime where carpeting is recommended to be changed every 8 to 10 years. If you decide to remodel, hardwood floors can be sanded and refinished in order to change color to keep up with your new theme!
- They are easy to clean. Most hardwood floors require little maintenance. A vacuum or a broom, a little bit of the right cleaner, and the correct cleaning system “damp mop” is all you need.
- They look fantastic! Does anything else look as natural and beautiful as hardwood flooring? Not in our book!
- Hardwood Flooring is a Natural, Renewable Resource! Wood Mills use Responsible Forestry practices and supply chains.
- 7. Better Air Quality. Unlike carpet, hardwood floors do not trap allergens such as pollen or dust. Wood Floors are often a must for people with allergies or raspatory disorders.
- Wood Floors Can be laid in patterns such as a herringbone or chevron pattern to accent small areas.
- There are tons of choices of different hardwood flooring! Prefinished, unfinished, solid, engineered, or custom. Hand-scrapped, Smooth. What kind of species of wood, is it clean or rustic?
- If you don’t find a Prefinished Hardwood floor that you love, Hardwood floors can be totally custom. You can choose species, color width of plank, and texture. Pick the right Installer and Create the Floor of your Dreams!
To learn more about the benefits of installing hardwood flooring in your home or office, contact Arizona Hardwood Floor Supply or call (623) 742-9663 today!
Arizona Hardwood talks hardwood flooring trends with iconic life. Read more here.
Arizona Hardwood Floor Supply is Hallmark® Floors Spotlight Dealer
Family-owned Arizona Hardwood Floor Supply was recently featured as a Hallmark Floors® Spotlight Dealer.
From residential to commercial hardwood flooring, Hallmark Floors innovative hardwood flooring has made them one of the fastest-growing wood flooring companies in the market.
With over 100 uniquely designed hardwood and waterproof flooring collections, their professional hardwood craftsmen handcrafts their wood flooring collections in small batches producing beautiful, wood flooring for all types of homes and interiors.
From traditional to contemporary and every style in between Hallmark Floors has something for everyone.
Hallmark Floor® Dealer
Arizona Hardwood Flooring has been carrying Hallmark Floors since 2001. Over the years we have found that customers gravitate toward the following collections, Alta Vista, Ventura, Novella, Monterey, and True Collections.
Alta Vista Hardwood Collection – Vintage European Design
Ventura Hardwood Flooring - This contemporary collection was designed to look gently aged and weathered.
Novella Hardwood Collection - Innovative and versatile, the Novella collection comes in two finishes, three wood species and an array of captivating colors.
Monterey Hardwood Flooring – The Monterey collection adds a modern twist to historical, European influence.
True Hardwood Flooring - Hallmark has emulated nature’s methods by replicating “the bog-wood process.” The collection offers saturated colors throughout the top layer, creating stunning, weathered patinas.
You can visit both Arizona Hardwood Floor Supply locations in Gilbert and Scottsdale, AZ to see the Hallmark Collections first hand.
Whatever type of wood is underfoot, we can make it beautiful!
With over 30 years of experience in custom wood flooring installation and refinishing for both residential and commercial clients, Arizona Hardwood Floor Supply has achieved the highest A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Contact Arizona Hardwood Floor Supply to learn more about their Hallmark Floor collections or call (623) 742-9663 (WOOD) to speak to one of our friendly estimators.
Homeowners Handbook to Real Wood Floors
The National Wood Flooring Association (N.W.F.A) recently released it's Homeowners Handbook to Real Wood Floors. From choosing the hardwood flooring that fits your lifestyle to the health benefits of wood flooring, maintaining the woods beauty and species selection, this guide will give you the information you need to choose the hardwood flooring that’s right for you.
Arizona Hardwood Floor Supply Inc is proud to announce our partnership with Rubio Monocoat
Arizona Hardwood Floor Supply has been serving Phoenix and surrounding areas for over 30 years.
Arizona Hardwood Floor Supply Inc is proud to announce our partnership with Rubio Monocoat. Not only will we be using this product on several of our own jobs, but it will also be available to local contractors, designers, and homeowners for purchase.
What is Rubio Monocoat you ask?
Rubio Monocoat, a Technologically Unique Hard-Wax Oil.
Protects and colors your wood in one single layer!
Rubio Monocoat stands apart from any other product because it is a true single-layer wood finish system that is also free of water and VOC. Rubio Monocoat is produced in Belgium and it colors and protects wood through a molecular bonding process. The oil molecularly bonds with the first microns of the wood without saturating or forming a film, this provides much lower consumption than a traditional wood finishing system. The bond also creates durable, long-lasting protection.
The unique technology also allows for easy local repair of damaged areas or scratches. By bonding to only the exposed wood fibers, Rubio Monocoat oils will not create lap lines during a repair. Available in over 40 colors, the unique Rubio Monocoat pigmentation technology allows an intense and deep coloring in one single layer, without influencing the natural look and feel of the wood.
What does all of this mean to you?
With the partnership of Arizona Hardwood Floor Supply Inc. and Rubio Monocoat, there are going to be countless color options for hardwood floors across Phoenix, Scottsdale, Gilbert, Peoria, Chandler, Tempe, Fountain Hills, Paradise Valley, Glendale, and Litchfield Park. Countless color options for your hardwood floor!
Arizona Hardwood Floor Supply top 13 hardwood floor refinishing companies
Arizona Hardwood Floor Supply is proud to have made the top 13 hardwood floor refinishing companies in Phoenix as it stands as a testament to our commitment to our clients.
Back to Top